The Gallery at The Brooks

The Gallery at The Brooks
Oceanside Theatre Company

Thursday, January 15, 2015

      Lisa Bebi is The Gallery at The Brooks, Featured Artist for February 2015.  Bebi’s work emphasizing the theme of LOVE, will be on display in the gallery all month. A reception and demonstration of her art technique will be held on February 6, from 6-9pm during Oceanside’s First Friday Art Walk.

    

            About the Artist

            My painting is like jazz fusion. Not so much for my brushstroke work but because of the complex layers of seemingly unrelated stuff that somehow tie together.  My brushstrokes are speedy looking but I think my detail is described more in the subject matter rather than by way of tight brushstrokes, sort of reflecting  the fast pace of jazz and its many layers.           

            I draw most my inspiration from early American contemporary artists. I liked the novelty of the pop culture and the way artists of their time expanded their basic ideas, one on top of the other...expanding what-ifs in art. I also like the complex, colorful and wonderfully lyrical abstracts of Wassily Kandinsky. Kandinsky set out and perfected painting musically so that the viewer could actually hear his paintings.           

            The hardest part of being an artist is trying to relate to the real world. I know my passion makes me a different person; sometimes I would just like to blend in.  Most of the time I don't notice my differences, but when I do, it can be painful. 

 

Lisa Bebi is a contemporary visual fine artist who works predominantly with paint, papers and mixed media with a strong inclination toward creating personal works and color. Her award winning artwork has been featured widely in magazines, galleries and is held in private collections all over the globe. Her work has been shown in solo and group shows nationally. Lisa Bebi received her B.A. in fine art from San Diego State University in 1977. Later studied art at the College of Art in London.

Lisa Bebi is our featured artist, her work will be favored in the gallery this month. We also have work exhibited by our represented artists, Julia C R Gray, Ellen Dieter, Cathie Joy Young, Mary Fleener, Donna Butnik and Diana Carey. Lastly, there will be a few Hearts of Stone on hand to celebrate the month of Love, and a sign up sheet will be available for a Hearts of Stone workshop.

Oceanside's First Friday Art Walk, Feb. 6 , 6-9pm. the Gallery at The Brooks is located at 217 & 219 Pacific Coast Hwy, Oceanside.